St. Mary's Quarry
The Sales Department and Stone Stockpile
is located 1 mile south of the capital, Georgetown, at Providence,
East Bank Demerara.
View the Stone
Mary's Quarry Sales
St. Mary's Quarry was established in 1956. It is
located on the left bank of the Essequibo River, about 20 miles
upstream of the town of Bartica.
The estimated aggregate reserve is 35M tonnes.
Today, St. Mary's is the largest producer and supplier
of crushed stone, boulders, gabions and other quarry products for
road building, sea defence and other major construction projects
Aerial views of St. Mary's Quarry