To provide high quality building materials and accessories
for both local and international customers, while at the
same time conducting our operations in an environmentally
sound and sustainable manner.
In 1956 the company initiated its quarry operations
at St. Mary's on the left bank
of the Essequibo River, about 20 miles south of the town of Bartica.
In 1959 the company began logging and sawmilling operations.
TPL was later extended to form the Toolsie Group
of Companies which now includes:
- Builders Hardware Store
- Guyana Thermo-Plastics Ltd.
- Providence Industries Ltd.
- National Fasteners Ltd.
- St. Mary's Quarry
TPL has been a pioneer in the development of
Guyana's Timber Sector. It contributes to the national economy
by employing around 2,000 persons and remains in the forefront
of exporting Guyana's well known tropical hardwoods. It maintains
its dominant position through significant and ongoing investments
in modern plant and equipment and training of relevant personnel,
technical expertise and time-tested customer relations.